Tuesday, November 6, 2012

BevMo (San Luis Obispo)

I know, who does wine tasting at BevMo?!  Well, we happened to be there, and there was a sign up, so we thought "why not"?

First Impressions:

They weren't exactly ready for us. They had to find somebody to do the pouring, and find the glasses. They had five wines for the tasting, and they were all a part of their featured "90 point wines, under $20" sale.

These were the wines available for tasting:

No-oak Chardonay
Chardonay
Pinot Noir
Sangiovese
Cabernet Sauvignon

I wasn't prepared to take notes when I walked into Bevmo, so unfortunately I can't tell you the names of the wine.  I can tell you that the no-oak Chardonnay was from France, and was actually really good. We purchased a bottle to take home. The other Chardonnay was just okay.
The Pinot Noir had no flavor at all. It was incredibly strange. The weakest red I've ever tasted. I'm racking my brain, trying to remember what is what called, but no luck just yet.  The Cabernet Sauvignon was the best hands down.

Take Note:

The Bevmo tasting was $2 per person, so reasonably priced. The pourer didn't know much about the wine which was disappointing. And the sign promised us chocolate, and there was none, or he forgot about it, I don't know which.
If you happen to be in Bevmo, and you have a couple dollars, I would say go for it. But I wouldn't make a special trip for the tastings.


No comments:

Post a Comment